Appointment Preparation Instructions
Electro-Lymphatic Drainage Therapy is noninvasive, painless and very calming and relaxing. It is similar to having a light touch massage. A certified lymphatic therapist uses an instrument with two small hand held wands to slowly and lightly massage the body in a specific direction that correlates to the body's lymphatic flow. The procedure is done on a massage table for which you will need to disrobe in the same way you would when getting a massage. Draping is used to cover clients to protect their modesty. Underwear is to remain on.
A combination of vibration, light and electrical waves help to stimulate the flow of the lymph by breaking up congested lymph fluid to release it from the body. Think of a jar of water with gelatin that is very thick and gelatinous, which is similar to congested lymph. If you shake the jar the liquid becomes more fluid. The vibration of the instrument works in the same way to break up the lymphatic congestion.
● Be hydrated upon arrival to help jump start your treatment.
● Please be aware that treatment may increase absorption of medications, therefore less may be needed.
● ALL jewelry must be removed during treatment.
● DO NOT apply oils, lotions, or deodorant to the skin (make-up is acceptable).
● Women should wear natural fabric for panties (cotton); Men should wear cotton loose boxers.
● Nursing mothers will need to pump 2-3 times and discard milk to be clear of toxins.
● Over the next 48 waking hours, drink at least 8 oz of water every 2 hours. If available, add lemon juice.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. Under US Law only a medical doctor may "treat" illness and disease with a medical origin such as cancer. This law is to protect you from the possibility that, while you are receiving therapy, an illness which may need orthodox attention could be getting worse.